When we found out we were pregnant, I think my first thought (after I picked myself up off the ground and stopped shaking) was how to decorate the nursery. I knew what I wanted to do if it was a girl...make it super-girly with a white round crib, a chandelier and pink and brown bedding. But, I wasn't so sure what to do if it was a boy. Eventually I decided to rebel against the traditional baby blue with teddy bears (to my grandmother's dismay) and go with a log cabin theme with hunting and fishing accents. My grandma is making all of the bedding and window coverings (fortunately she has come around is now accepting the fact that today's modern nursery does not necessarily = blue or pink + circus animals and/or teddy bears. She came into town last week and we have spent the entire week traveling around Dallas going to every fabric store in the metroplex! I posted some pictures above of some of the fabrics we have picked out... Today we went into a store called the Cat and the Fiddle in Plano(recommended to me by my sister in law). They have a log cabin room that I am getting my inspiration from. Here's the picture from the website...
4 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment